Tuesday 25 November 2014

Dig Choosday Challenge – Week 47: Christmas Celebrations!

Hello, how are things?

It’s Choosday so we have another challenge over at Digi Choosday and our theme this week is Christmas Celebrations!  As usual there is a fab prize up for grabs so check out the blog for details.

For my card this week I once again used some of the gorgeous papers and elements from the can’t-live-without-it Work & Play 5 – Festive Hollybobs Full Collection!!!

So what do Christmas Celebrations mean to me? Well family of course! Parties, of course and skating parties definately………..
……OK so that’s not true! I don’t skate! I don’t see the logic in standing on an unbelievably slippery surface balancing on a blade less than an inch thick!! Falling over will be involved here, people! I know I’ve tried it! And then there’s the spinning and the one legged acrobatics!!! It’s a Health & Safety nightmare! Graceful yes!  Beautiful yes! Utterly bonkers?! Definitely!! J

And breathe…..

……Anyhoo unnecessary anti-skating rant over I wanted to use the totally adorable and completely competent Hollybobs Skater on my design and made an easel card as a platform for my ‘rink’!
And here is why I adore digis! I printed Hollybobs Skater 3 times, shrinking 2 and flipping 1. Versatility-tastic!!

Ingredients:
Dies: Couture ‘Winter Flurries’
Other Card: Neenah Solar White – Centura Pearl
Colouring/Ink: Spectrum Noir markers & pencils
Others: Stickles - Gems

So glide over (no slipping and falling please) to the blog to see the amazing Christmas Celebrations inspiration created by my uber talented teamies and join in with this fab challenge! And don’t forget to check out Nikky’s scrummy designs in the shop!

Thanks so much for looking (and not falling over), and have a great day!
See ya!

Colourful hugs
Jane xxx

I would like to enter the following challenges:
THE CRAFT PLACE – Anything Goes
CRAFTY LITTLE FAIRIES – November Challenge: Not Square 
CREATIVE FINGERS – Challenge #57: Anything Goes 
EUREKA STAMPS -Challenge #: Non-Traditional Christmas Colours
THROUGH THE PURPLE HAZE – Challenge #69: Anything Goes   
ARTISTIC INSPIRATIONS – Challenge #119: Anything Goes/Warm & Cozy
DIGI SKETCH CHALLENGE – Use Die Cuts/Punches
JUST INSPIRATIONAL – Team B Challenge: Winter
DIE CUTTIN’ DIVAS – Challenge #193: Shaped Cards           
CUTTLEBUG MANIA – Sentiment & Snowflake!     

35 comments:

  1. Jane what a lovely post.. you've put a smile on my face this cold and frosty morning!! Stunning, fabulous, great card!!!!! did I say I love it lol!!!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me smile this morning Jane!
    Your card is wonderful. I love the way you have used that sweet image, your design is wonderful, full of gorgeous detailing and beautiful colour.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jane I love your little skating rink and those gorgeous little skaters! What a lovely idea and I tend to agree with you on the skating lol! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovley creation again today Jane,with the most beautiful images, scene and colours used...LOVE it Jane.
    aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous,fabulous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I used to go skating all the time as a teen. LOVED it. Did sponsored events every year where people would sponsor me per lap for various charities... Made a killing because I refused to get off the ice for hours! lol. Was never one for figure skating though... Speed skating is maybe less graceful, but also less of a H & S hazard... (and far more lucrative, lol).

    Either way, LOVE your card! And that street lamp in the background is a perfect touch. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A complete delight Jane. Stunning images and your so clever card construction. Plus a fabulous read. Thank you so much for sharing with us, your clever wit and great skill.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creation, just perfect cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hystericall funny post!!! Project is awesome, blog rant perfect!!! Love both x

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha fab post brilliant card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane, this is an awesome card!!!! Love the way you use to keep your digis up, great idea!!! Beautiful and clever work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you Jane about the utterly bonkers sport of skating but how talented and fearless are the competitors? Love your card and the use of the digi image by flipping it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Jane thanks for joining us at TTPH hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another one of your fabulous designs Jane! Gorgeous card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    PS. I feel exactly the same way about ice skating lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jane your card is fantastic. Love the image and the card cut. I don't skate either not on ice anyway but I use to roller skate pretty well. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Inspirational challeges Winter!
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello sweet Jane!
    Oh, how I've missed your pretty posts! I just laughed at all your skating details :) Sweet card Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a clever idea to use the windowsheet to use on the girls who are skating! Love that, I might use it too on a card. Love the easelkind, they are always a good choice!

    Thank you so much in joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous sweetie, love the image and colours you used, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another AWESOME creation!!!... xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH my goodness its just fantastic....love it..

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome, love the 3D scene you have created, very tallented. Thank you for joining Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely beautiful creation Jane the image and the scene you have created is awesome, love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jane, I love your shaped card and the appearance it gives that they are actually skating. Just Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is sooo fun!!!! And I totally have to agree with you with the skating lol I suck at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just gorgeous Jane! Love your skaters, great idea for an easel card! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is wonderful, Jane! I love how you colored this. Makes me want to don my skates! Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is gorgeous and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us this week for non traditional Christmas colors at Eureka Stamps.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this, so original. Just FAB!xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. They are actually skating! Fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this one Jane..what a fabulous design and sweet image..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just love your little skating girls

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I don't think I have enough fabulous words to use when explaining how much I am in love with this fabulous fabulous amazing card you have made ! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx