Saturday 20 July 2013

Raspberry Ruffles

Hi
Oh dear, it’s another scorching and humid day here in the south.  If anyone would like to prod me I’m sure I’m well and truly cooked!!  Crikey, I don’t do hot weather very well, my craft room is like a sauna.  Sorry, don’t mind me, I could moan for Britain!

Anyway first things first, thank you so much for all the lovely comments I received from the DT members of the challenges I entered with my last two cards.  I had no idea what a moral boost it would be to have someone say something nice about one of your creations (my family are not very forthcoming about that sort of thing).  So once again, thank you for taking the time to do that.  It means a lot to all us challenge entrants I can tell you.

Any road up here is today’s card.  I have named it ‘Bunting Bonanza’.





I have just come into possession (legally of course) of my first Saturated Canary Little Darlings Stamps.  (Well done, Jane; way to go catching up with the times! :D)  What gorgeous images they are and the quality of the stamps themselves (maybe not my stamping) is excellent.

Anyway I used Krafty Kate, she’s having a fine time making her bunting, and coloured her using my Flex & Promarkers. 

Now I saw the current challenge on the Graphit Markers Blog asking to use your favourite candy colours and my favourite sweets of all time are Raspberry Ruffles.  For those of you who have not heard of them they are raspberry flavoured desiccated coconut sweeties covered in dark chocolate.  Deeeeelish!!  I actually haven’t had one for quite a while.  I remember always getting them at Christmas in a Pick ‘n’ Mix bag from Woolies (sniff).  I absolutely love them.  In fact it was a toss-up between them and Jelly Babies but the colour palette for Jelly Babies is rather broad to say the least! 
{Note to self:  I have just discovered that Raspberry Ruffles now come in a BAR!  OMG!  Be still my beating heart (and ever increasing waistline).}

Anyway, I digress.  I sought out my raspberry and dark chocolate colours (sorry, just drooling then) and then picked out my markers.

Shrink plastic cotton reel & scissors.


I decided to extend the bunting theme throughout so that Kate was surrounded by her creation.

The DP’s are Brenda Pinnock’s.  This is a huge 12 x 12” pad I have had for donkey’s years.  It’s proved very useful, and I always seem to find exactly what I’m looking for in it.

 I cardalso used American Crafts, Silky Crush Ribbon and my favourite La-La-Land banner die.  The corners are from Tattered Lace. 





Smiling always (well, thinking of Raspberry Ruffles of course)!
Jane x


Now to the ‘not too sure what I’m doing’ bit; I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


11 comments:

  1. Completely gorgeous! Love the soft raspberry shades and the brown. The image is beautifully coloured and the whole thing just looks fabulous.

    I am in the south too and it was slightly cooler here today, but seems to have gotten humid as the night has drawn in..... I am wilting, lol. Perhaps we should get together for a moaning minnie party!

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Thank you for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card, love the bunting, the image and colours. A gorgeous bow too. Thank you for joining us over at LEJ Designs, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty and I just love that big bow, thanks for joining us at Graph It colour challenge, hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, love your colour combo (mmm Rasberry Ruffles I remember them) also your bow is lovely, in fact I love everything about this card. Thank you for sharing with us at CCM.
    Jules:)

    P.S. Aren't Saturated Canary stamsp/digis beautiful they are one of my favourites x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! I love the banners and the colors -great coloring too. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my fave colour combos! Lovely card - thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this is gorgeous, love the image and all the detial and colors. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your card is lovely. I love the Raspberry Ruffles colour scheme - pinks and browns go so well together and that bow is completely fabulous. Wonderful colouring too. I've only just caught up with Saturated Canary myself, they are great to colour aren't they?

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I love Raspberry Ruffles! That bow is the most gorgeous touch. Thanks for joining us at Graph'It Colour Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane

    this is Lisa from The Cutie Pie challenge blog, you recently entered our DT call and I was hoping that you could contact me at happy.crafter@hotmail.com regarding this........oh, and If you hop on over to the current challenge there is more exciting news for you http://cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely girly card! the pink and the brown go really well together, and the image is coloured in beautifully. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx