Sunday 7 July 2013

Wake Up Dad!

Hi

OMG Andy Murray has just won Wimbledon!!  Wow!  I didn’t watch the match (not too keen on tennis), my nerves couldn’t take it anyway.  But well done him.  What a star!
Anyway it is another scorcher here in Oxfordshire.  My poor dogs are walking around with their tongues permanently hanging out.  Wish I could do that.  Might try it later!
So, to my offering today.  I call it …..’Wake Up, Dad!’

 
War & Peace, a right riveting read.


I used Brenda Pinnack DP’s and the stamp is Fizzy Moon coloured with Pro and Flexmarkers.

Close up.

The sentiment and ornate corners are Tattered Lace dies and the word ‘Dad’ was made up using Britannia alphabet dies.  I cut a ‘shadow’ for them all from the brown card I used for matting.

Shadow die-cutting.


I decided that the whole design needed something extra so I made a book using a Spellbinder die and scribbled words on the page (Shakespeare it isn’t!).  However I included a book mark to make sure Fizzy Moon did not lose his place.

My literary classic!


And there it is.  I am now off for a cold drink and probably a Magnum.  

Mmmmmm Magnum.

Smiling always (melting like my Magnum actually)
Jane x

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;




11 comments:

  1. Great card, love the zingy colours you chose!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at the Graph'it Marker blog!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love the image, and he makes me smile! Thanks for playing our Anything Goes challenge at Love To Scrap!

    Leanne DT! LTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a fab card! Loving the yellow, green & blue colour combo! Thanks so much for joining us a Graph'It Markers Challenge this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card made me smile! What a cutie! It's lovely to see you at the Graph'It Colour Challenge, thanks for joining us and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image and the design, Thanks for joining in with us at Graph'It Challenge this week, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card,love that image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at Graph'It Colour Challenge and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card. Love the image.

    Thanks for joining us at TPC this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the little touches you put on this are so cute! LOVE that cute little book! thanks for joining us this month at Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie! I love that little book embellie too. Thanks for playing at the Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colour choices, fabulous card, thanks for joining us at Graph It Markers, karenx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx