Saturday 27 July 2013

You're Simply the Best

Hi, and a happy crafty day to you all.

The humidity has broken!  Hoorah!  I’m not too sure I can cope with any more sleepless nights.  My keyboard is looking very inviting as a pillow right now.

Anyway, today I would like to show a card I made whilst experimenting with my colouring. (To be fair I am always experimenting with my colouring but there you go.)  Of course I reached for one of my new (well new to me) Saturated Canary stamps and the one I chose was Nevaeh (sorry,  sweetie).

I call this card, ‘Whatever the Feather ’.

Crystal glitter, gems and feathers - these are a few of my favourite things!


So I didn’t want to make it easy for myself did I?  I chose one of the most challenging hair colours out there but I wanted this for my sister-in-law and as her hair is black (selfish) I had to go for it.  It may have been easier to buy her a box of Nice ‘n’ Easy though!  So with my usual gung-ho attitude I went for it.

Well poor Nevaeh (sorry again, sweetie) was my guinea pig and I coloured her using Pro & Flexmarkers.

As always I chose my DP’s ( by Kate Knight) and then picked my markers to match.

I wish I had hair like that.


I love this colour combo.  Black and hot pink/cerise is so fab.

The dies I used are Spellbinders Jewel Flowers & Flourishes, A2 Bracket Borders 1, Labels 17 and Cheery Lynn’s fabulous Fanciful Flourish.

I thought I would do an easel card as I love this fold and think it looks so good.  However it is not the most non-crafter friendly fold there is.  Most recipients of this type of card need the mechanism explaining to them. I gave an easel card to a work colleague once and it wasn’t until half way through the day that I noticed she had it on her desk on its side!  It seems the fact that the image and sentiment were all facing the wrong way had not seemed strange to her in the least!  Hey ho.  Maybe in future I will add ‘how-its-supposed-to-go’ instructions.

Smiling always (well, I’m feeling cooler)!
Jane x


Now to the interesting (for me) bit, I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love all the embellishments! Thank you for playing along with my theme at PFP this week & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Jane, I love the pretty image, your colouring is fabulous and all the details you have added look so beautiful.
    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, what super shiny hair. I love the feather detail too. Thanks so much for joining us at Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh how lovely, gorgeous details, thanks for joining us at Graph It Marker colour challenge, Karenx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx