Tuesday 4 June 2013

Deja Vu??

Hi

Well I made it to post 2 which can’t be bad.

The card I wish to show today will certainly give you a sense of deja vu.  I went through a brief ‘butterfly and flower wreath’ stage. 





This card was made for the Create and Craft birthday card competition (don’t ask).  I love entering competitions and now hope to be entering all the lovely Blogland challenges too.  It really focusses the mind and sometimes takes you out of your comfort zone (well not too far, it’s another wreath after all), which is not a bad thing.  I used shrink plastic on this make which I haven’t used in a donkey’s age.  I forgot how much I love it.  The butterflies are so cute and shrank to a natural shape which was more luck than design.  After colouring in the stamped image with pencils I used a tin foil tray whilst heating which I saw Mel Heaton use on C&C a while ago.  It’s a top tip I must say. It worked brilliantly as the butterfly did not ‘fly’ all over the place and heat was conducted from the bottom as well so there was not too much curling.  Remember it gets mega hot though so keep crafty fingers well away! Crikey, was that my mother then?

So here are some close up shots.

Love, love, love shrink plastic!  This was before I added the pearls.


Pearls added and all done.



Recipe:

  • 8 x 8 white card blank
  • Spellbinders dies: Les Papillions, Delicate Asters, Venetian Motifs & Grand Scalloped Circles
  • Heartfelt Creations stamps: Delicate Asters & Butterfly PreCut Sets 
  • Flat backed pearls
  • Shrink plastic
  • Promakers
  • Pencils
  • Kanban sentiment stamp
  • Silver embossing powder
  • Thickers glittered chipboard letters
  • White Silky Crush ribbon
  • Bad photography!

So there it is!  Hope to be back soon

Smiling as always
Jane X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx