Wednesday 12 June 2013

Father's Day

Hello

Well I’m back again.  Not too summery outside today I’m afraid.  The Oxfordshire cloud is looming low and menacing but the sun is trying to shine.  Not trying too hard though. 

Why are we so obsessed with the weather in Britain?  I have to admit I am a weather nut.  I have to see the forecast every morning (and then again in the evening) and I am constantly logging on to the BBC Weather site to see if there have been any shocking new developments.  How sad is that!  Still it means that I am never caught out by a sudden shower or snowfall.  Just call me Michael (or more appropriately Michaela) Fish!

So, to today’s offering. I call it: ‘Waistcoat Wonder’.  




I made this card for my dad for Father’s Day this year.  It will be winging its way to him tomorrow.

I had a devil of a time wrestling with the template which I hand drew.  It was not until I had completed it (much mumbling, rubbing out and throwing in the bin later) did I realise I could have found something on the internet (infinitely better and not half as stressful) but I felt a small sense of accomplishment that I did it myself.  I even used a roll of double-sided tape to draw round for the armholes in the waistcoat.  Who says tape is just for sticking!






The template complete with pencil marks (this was my 5th attempt)



Recipe:
·       A5 card blank
·       Brenda Pinnock 12 x 12” papers
·       White card
·       Papermania mini buttons & watch cut from Chronology papers
·       Kanban ‘DAD’ stamp
·       Chain from stash
·       Handmade template (never again)
·       Bad photography!


Smiling always (even in the gloom)
Jane x




2 comments:

  1. Super cool card Jane, love it, thank you for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And you are the first ever comment on my blog.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx