Thursday 12 September 2013

Pink Umbrella!

Hey, hope all is well with you and yours.

First of all I would like to say a huge thank you for all the comments that I received for my last card ‘Pink Christmas’.  This must be my most successful card ever!  I made Top 3 in both the C.R.A.F.T challenge  and the Crafty Ribbons challenge.  And then if that wasn’t enough I made Top 5 Passionista over on the Passion forPromarkers challenge for the third week running!  That’s a hat trick! Oh boy how amazing.  I am totally overwhelmed and extremely grateful.  Thank you, thank you so very, very much.



Any road up now I’ve stopped gushing, today I would like to share another pink card that I made as a result of some experimental stamping I did with different coloured inks.  I do like to ‘have a go’ don’t I?  I have used this Gorjuss image in another project here , where I stamped her with my usual Memento Tuxedo Black but then I decided that it might be nice to like to try the ‘No-Lines’ technique. So I reached for the only other 2 paler Mementos that I have which are London Fog and Desert Sand.  It was at this point that I had not reckoned without my declining eyesight.  The image stamped with London Fog is the one used on this card.  It did not come out too badly, looking rather like a pencil line but still visible once coloured so not really ‘no-lines’, therefore I had no problem with this.  But Desert Sand, oh dear, I had a hard time even locating the image on the paper!  I have to admit to trying to do this in bad light which served me right really.  I will get my Ottlite out and try again.



So enough waffle, what did I do.  Well my paper is from Papermania as is the pink card.   I coloured with Pro/Flexmarkers and cut my image out for a 3D effect.  The die is Spellbinders Floral Oval and I cut this from Centura Pearl edged with Victorian Velvet DI. The message and corners are from Tattered Lace and the ‘raindrops’ are from my stash.  

Quite simple really and I do love this stamp.  Let’s see if I can successfully use my other image to attempt ‘No-Lines’ next time.  That’s if I can find where I stamped it!

See ya!

Smiling always (but despairing over my rubbish eyesight; I have new glasses as well!)!

Scribbly hugs
Jane xx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:




4 comments:

  1. She is so pretty in pink. I love the raindrop gems. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fab creation, thank you for entering it into the 4kraftygirlzchallenge and good luck. Tina-Maree DT xx

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/149926178545903/ Glamoureyes DT
    mybestiesuk.blogspot.co.uk
    http://tinas-cards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the gray lines, I think you did great! Your coloring looks so beautiful. My little girl would go crazy over all of the pink. It's adorable! Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card and wow, the image looks fab with the grey lines - think I will have to try this :-) I love how you have layered the die cuts to give a shadow effect too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink - definitely more KISS this time ;-)

    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx