Tuesday 17 September 2013

Shabby Chic or Just Shabby ?

Hey, hope all is well with you and yours.

Today I would like to share a card I made to join in with the current Saturated Canary Challenge blog challenge, Shabby Chic which can be found here

Now this is new territory for me and I think it shows.  I’m not too sure if I have achieved Shabby Chic or just Shabby Shabby!!  It could even be Vintage Shabby, I’m not sure.  But either way, whatever it is I loved making it!



The image is Rose Red by the uber talented Krista Smith available here.  I coloured her on kraft card with pencils and paper pieced her dress.  The die is Spellbinders Floral Oval, used to cut out the image and then cut again in a mottled gold mirri and the centre removed to create a frame.  My DP’s are from LOTV Nit Wit Country Lady Collection.



I stamped on tissue paper with Vintage Photo DI and crumpled it to create my sentiment and a ‘page’ you may just be able to see behind the frame.

The flowers are a Sizzix Bigz die distressed with scissors (I was distressed after rolling up all those flowers so I did add some pre-made ones too) and I dabbed Stickles on them for a bit of bling.  The leaves are the new dies from Tonic which are fab and cut like a dream.



I was not entirely happy and quite a bit of tweaking took place involving an inked doily, hat pins, flat backed pearls and some lace ribbon.  The key is another magazine freebie, bless it!



And so there you are my first and hopefully not my last foray into the world of Shabby Chic, Shabby Shabby, Vintage Shabby or whatever I’ve achieved.

See ya!

Smiling always (this crafting thing really is a journey isn’t it!)!


Scribbly hugs 

Jane xx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


8 comments:

  1. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you have won or if you have been chosen in our Top3. Also don't miss out on challenges and freebies on my digistamp blog.

    Please make sure you have word verification switched off as we may otherwise not be able to comment on your creations, it takes a lot more time for us when commenting on a lot of entries already. You can still moderate your comments and have control over the comments you get that way. If you want to know how to do this, go to our side banner for an explanation.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, your image is fantastic!

    Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking. Card! I adore all the details! I hope to see you again at the Alphabet Challenge Blog.
    Thanks for joining us.
    Roxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've captured shabby chic beautifully in this gorgeous card!! Love the lace bow and your color work is amazing!! Thanks for joining our Shabby Chic & Ribbon Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shabby chic with a touch of vintage as well! The paper pieced dress is fab and lovin the coloring on Kraft! The flowers with the distressing and shimmer- fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GORGEOUS card! Wow! It is fabulous!

    Thank you for sharing at Crafting Musketeers!

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Kathy Jo
    http://daisysanddaffodils.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - thanks for joining the Muslketeers this month -Denise (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning, I love this. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers challenge, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx